Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning
Hitachi’s Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning (HVAC) products are available for both new rolling stock and refurbishing existing fleets. To date, over 15,000 high-quality, reliable Hitachi HVAC products have been successfully delivered for rolling stock projects.
A range of roof-mounted, floor-based or under-floor units have been integrated to rolling stock from monorail and metro cars to high speed trains all over the world.
We’ve honed our capability over 50 years of extensive research and experience in environments where high reliability is needed to combat extreme temperatures and humidity, including the extreme heat of Dubai and freezing temperatures.
As a global manufacturer of Air Conditioning systems for buildings and rolling stock, our in-house engineering process brings together HVAC and car body engineers, experts from R&D, manufacturing and maintenance teams to design and develop the optimal system for any vehicle characteristic or environment.
With the benefits of our expertise in rolling stock manufacture, we can ensure not only high performance and reliability, but also passenger comfort, noise reduction and low power consumption.
- Full range of mounting options: Roof, floor and under-floor mounted
- Full system integration
- Joint engineering with car body and other systems
- Highly efficient Hitachi-developed scroll compressor
- Low noise, advanced climate control for passenger comfort
- Sophisticated temperature control and comfort analysis
- Energy saving power consumption management
- Light weight design
- Proven reliability through thorough testing in our Climate Chamber and in service performance
- Through life support, obsolescence management