100 years of delighting our customers and their passengers
Hitachi is a global company which has delivered railway products as a core business for over 100 years. This ranges from Metro, Commuter and High Speed rolling stock through to traffic management, traction and signalling solutions.
Most notably the design of the Shinkansen bullet trains and support of the service operation in Japan have provided Hitachi with a rich heritage of technical expertise and untiring research and development, which is utilised across our European product range.
To meet a growing range of demands, Hitachi has implemented new methods of vehicle construction and manufacturing based on our AT series product platform. Trains derived from the concept have delivered an outstanding level of quality that has exceeded the expectations even of Japanese railway operators, known the world over for exacting standards for reliability.
This success is supported by our commitment to a fully inclusive, comprehensive and proactive stakeholder management process. We work as one team, with continuous communication and a ‘no surprises’ approach.
At Hitachi we provide the following commitment to our customers:
- On time delivery
- Proven technology based on the Japanese A Train platform design evolution
- Improved acceleration, journey times and energy efficiency
- Modular based design offering complete whole life flexibility
- Experience in delivering proven reliability and availability day in day out
- Comprehensive after sales and maintenance support packages
- A collaborative relationship with all stakeholders built on trust and teamwork